The following statement describes the privacy practices for the Highland Family History Society web site:
- We collect personal information from our users only if they wish to contact us, to provide information on ‘strays’, if users wish to record their genealogical interests, or so that other persons interested in their queries can contact them.
- IP addresses may be logged for aggregate statistics and diagnosis
- We do not share information with any other organisation
- We do not store membership details on our web site, with the exceptions that persons whose queries are listed may be members of Highland Family History Society
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices, the functionality, or the content of such Web sites, and we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information they portray.
- Please note that we do not necessarily agree with the opinions expressed on these web sites. This privacy statement applies only to Highland Family History Society.
- The Society has notified its holdings of data to the Data Protection Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We hold data for the following purposes:
- administration of membership records
- realising the objectives of a charitable organisation or voluntary body
- information and databank administration
Details of our entry in the register is available at www.dpr.gov.uk/search.html. Our Registration Number is Z8692440.
For any questions about this privacy statement, please contact the Treasurer of the Society
Terms & Conditions
- Use of the Highland Family History Society web site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which take effect on the date from which you first use the site.
- Highland Family History Society reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online.
- If we make changes, this will be highlighted on our What’s New page. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes.
- Your continued use of the web site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use.
- Any other use requires the prior written permission of Highland Family History Society (please contact the Webmaster using our Contacts Form – Comments about the website.
- You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in the web site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use.
- You agree to use the web site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the web site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of defamatory, obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within the Highland Family History Society web site.
- The web site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Highland Family History Society, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. All direct or indirect risk related to the use of the site is borne entirely by the user.
- In no event will Highland Family History Society be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other delictual action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
- Highland Family History Society does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in the web site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the web site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials.
- The names, images and logos identifying the Highland Family History Society or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of Highland Family History Society and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any licence or right under any trade mark or patent of Highland Family History Society or any other third party.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of the web site must be terminated immediately.
- Recording of Genealogical InterestsPersons who register to maintain their genealogical interests are deemed to have agreed not to:
- pretend to be anyone who they are not
- use or record as their own anyone else’s email address or other contact details, except with that person’s express permission
- record names, locations and periods which do not relate to their family history
- record information which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person.
- They are deemed to accept that Highland Family History Society provides these facilities on a best endeavours basis, and that in no event will Highland Family History Society be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other delictual action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site, and also that Highland Family History Society may suspend or remove their registration or record of interests without notice.
Terms of Sale for Publications
- All prices are in £ (pounds) sterling, and exclusive of postage charges. VAT is not payable.
- We accept payment by cheque in £ sterling only.
- Prices, and goods are subject to availability and may change at any time prior to acceptance of your order.
- Unless indicated otherwise, there is a standard charge of £2.00 per item to cover postage, packing and administration
- We reserve the right to refuse your order, or to split your order, depending on availability of stock, information you provide, and information provided by our bankers.
- You may cancel part or all of your order at any time before delivery, and up to 7 working days after delivery of goods.
- To cancel all of part of your order, write, saying you wish to cancel your order, and return the goods to the Treasurer, 11 Braeside Park, Balloch, Inverness, IV2 7HL, Scotland.
- The goods returned must be complete, and in original packaging. In the case of CDs, the packaging must be sealed.
- Within 30 days of receipt of your cancellation and the returned goods we will refund the cost of the goods plus the outward postage (but not your return postage).